Jun 27, 2023
As society shifts back to a new normal, travel and tourism are back stronger than ever. Travel demand shows no sign of slowing, with 55% of U.S. consumers saying leisure travel spending will be a top priority in 2023. The days of lockdowns and restrictions are over, and consumers are taking to the streets, airways, and open…
As society shifts back to a new normal, travel and tourism are back stronger than ever. Travel demand shows no sign of slowing, with 55% of U.S. consumers saying leisure travel spending will be a top priority in 2023. The days of lockdowns and restrictions are over, and consumers are taking to the streets, airways, and open waters for business and pleasure.
Learn how to maximize your travel and tourism campaign performance by exploring key trends, understanding the current market, and, most importantly, who your customer is and how to reach them along their journey with these five tips:
1. Timing is everything. Segment your ideal consumer and when they are most likely to make their purchase. Could this be 6, 12, or 24 months out? It’s crucial to understand the unique customer journey and the impact on consumer behavior and their purchasing decisions.
2. Don’t underestimate the value of a holistic media strategy. From targeting to activations, every aspect is important to ensure maximum performance and outcomes. This includes understanding the key performance indicators specific to your brand, or your client and their campaign. By leveraging a full-funnel approach, you can work from awareness to consideration, then to intent, purchase, foot traffic, and finally, loyalty.
3. Leverage low-funnel attribution insights to make strategic, real-time optimizations against your specific KPIs based on conversion data. By utilizing this valuable data, you can pinpoint where to retarget audiences to re-engage them through video and display formats, delivering brand messaging in the right place, at the right time, and in the right mindset.
4. Creative matters! Cut through the noise and leverage high-engagement creatives to be seen by the right audience at the right time.
5. A performance-driven and connected approach is key. Marry strategy and activation, creative solutions to measurement, and derive insights to put the best foot forward for your brand or clients’ goals.
1. Sustainability – We are seeing growth in ethical trips, supporting local businesses, and eco-friendly accommodations.
2. Authentic experiences – Travelers are distancing themselves from mainstream tourism, instead opting for unique, once-in-a-lifetime experiences. (Source)
3. “Workations” are now a thing – Remote workers are now blending business and leisure travel with destinations catering to their needs.
4. Solo traveling is on the rise – Statistics show a significant increase in the number of people traveling solo versus pre-pandemic.
Digital marketing technology, like Digital Remedy’s digital media solutions, can simplify your workflow by centralizing every aspect of your travel marketing campaign.
Our omnichannel platform allows you to run high-performing campaigns specifically optimized for your audience. This gives you the flexibility to reach a college student making spring break plans with customized OTT advertising campaigns or honeymooners searching for the best European getaways on mobile.
And with 24/7 campaign monitoring, you can pivot when your campaign isn’t yielding your desired results.
Simply put, connected TV is where consumers live.
From binge-watching the latest Hulu special to tuning into Thursday Night Football on Amazon Prime, the people you want to reach with your tourism advertising campaign are using connected TV.
In fact, 80% of consumers planning a trip abroad or domestically within the next year watch ad-supported OTT, according to MRI-Simmons’ November 2022 Cord Evolution study.
Digital Remedy’s performance CTV platform allows you to target, buy, optimize, and measure your travel OTT campaigns with precision, all on one simple-to-use dashboard. Our state-of-the-art solutions can inform exactly what creative and which publishers are driving performance for your travel marketing campaign.
When creating your travel advertising strategy, you’ll want to start by understanding the basic components of tourism marketing, which helps you craft an informed campaign. Developed by professors at Comilla University and Stamford University Bangladesh, the 7Ps of tourism marketing are:
With Travel through Digital Remedy, our point-to-point travel solutions drive sales, monitor variants in foot traffic patterns, and identify audience trends that best impact geo-centric sales results.
Our team of experts understands the market, having launched 100+ successful campaigns across 80 travel and tourism advertisers. We recognize that each type of advertiser is unique but can propel our experience in this category with (but not limited to):
We also have extensive experience with the customer journey and its impact on consumer behavior and purchasing decisions.
We apply a full-funnel approach to our strategies, including key outcomes such as:
Our dedicated team tailors strategies depending on your goals:
Contact a member of our team to learn more about how our digital marketing platforms can take your tourism advertising campaign to the next level.
Welcome to the fourth episode of The Digital Dish, where we dish on all things ad tech! This episode.
In today’s ever-evolving digital landscape, effective marketing strategies demand innovation and precision. YouTube TV advertising has emerged as a.
The consumer packaged goods (CPG) industry is elbowing through a tight market. Between pressing supply chain challenges, shifting shopper.